Tuesday 4 October
Registration Desk open (The Limes Room, Christchurch Town Hall): 5pm- 6:30pm
Welcome Function at The Limes Room, Christchurch Town Hall: 5pm - 7pm
Wednesday 5 October, Day 1
Registration Desk open (Te Pae): 8:30am
Conference start time: 9:30am
Conference end time: 4:30pm
Thomson Reuters Wednesday Night Function time: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Thursday 6 October, Day 2
Registration Desk open (Te Pae): 8:30am
Conference start time: 8.45am
Conference end time: 5pm
Niche Gala Dinner & Awards Ceremony time: 6.45pm - late
Last bus: 11.30pm
DOES THE ILANZ CONFERENCE QUALIFY FOR CPD HOURS?
To qualify for CPD hours under the Lawyers and Conveyancers Act (Lawyers: Ongoing Legal Education – Continuing Professional Development) Rules 2013, activities must be structured with defined learning objectives, interactive and verifiable. The ILANZ conference will satisfy all of these requirements. However, the question of whether the ILANZ conference can count towards CPD hours for an individual lawyer depends on that lawyer’s identified training needs and their Continuing Professional Development Plan and Record.
The conference offers streamed selections, so you can customise your conference attendance based on your training needs. There is no limit on the number of hours that may be claimed at any one event so some delegates might satisfy up to 8 hours of CPD at the ILANZ conference while other delegates might satisfy a lesser number based on their professional judgement of what is relevant for them.
Please contact [email protected] if you have any further questions about CPD.
WHAT IS THE ADDRESS OF THE CONFERENCE VENUE?
Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
188 Oxford Terrace,
Christchurch Central City,
Click here to view on google maps
IS THERE TRANSPORT AVAILABLE TO AND FROM THE AIRPORT TO CONFERENCE?
The Conference Organisers are providing complimentary transport to and from the Christchurch Airport and the conference hotels (Novotel, Ibis and Fable Hotels), if you are staying at another hotel, you are welcome to utilise the bus, but you will need to make your own way to/from one of the conference hotels.
ILANZ will provide airport transfers for all delegates traveling to Christchurch Airport. Buses will depart every hour after 12pm on Tuesday afternoon and on Wednesday morning up until 12pm. Buses departing from Christchurch Airport will travel to the 3 conference hotels in the central city.
Transfers back to the airport will be provided for delegates on Thursday afternoon departing from Te Pae at 4pm and 5.30pm and on Friday morning departing the 3 conference hotels between 7am up until 12pm.
The bus timetable will be released prior to conference. It will be on the app and at the registration desk during conference.
If you are planning on leaving the Conference early, local taxi information will be included in the Conference Guide.
If you did not include your flight details at the time of registering and would like to utilise the airport conference bus transport, please contact Lea.
The conference venue is within walking distance from each of the conference hotels.
WHAT IS THE CONFERENCE DRESS CODE?
We want you to feel relaxed and inspired at the ILANZ conference. As such, casual business attire is perfectly acceptable.
EARLY BIRD PRIZE DRAW TERMS & CONDITIONS
This winner has been drawn - Congratulations to Luke Bodle.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Cancellations must be notified in writing to the Conference Organiser, Lea.
Cancellation before 31st August 2022 will incur an $150.00 cancellation fee. Cancellation on or after 31st August 2022 will forfeit the full registration fee.
Any refund requests will be at the discretion on the Conference Director and ILANZ Manager.
All refunds will be processed after the conference. Substitute delegates are welcome without penalty, but please advise On-Cue of any name change, for administration purposes.
There will be no refunds for any booked delegate who does not attend on the day.
In the event of industrial disruption, or other unforeseen circumstances that disrupt the conference, the conference organisers accept no responsibility. The information on the conference website and in the printed collateral is correct at the time of publication. However, the conference organisers reserve the right to change information. The conference organisers disclaim any and all liability to any person in respect of the consequences of any failure to operate, accident or injury which may occur on services reserved.
The right is reserved to add, withdraw or substitute speakers and vary the advertised programme.
If the conference is cancelled for any reason beyond the organiser's control, there is no right of exchange and no obligation is assumed by the organisers for arranging a substitute speaker. In the unlikely event of cancellation of the conference, the liability of the organisers is limited to the return of paid fees and where an event may be postponed and the option of re-attending is not suitable, a cancellation can be made by writing to the conference organiser and on acceptance, there would be a return of paid fees less $150 for administration costs.
Social Media Use Guidelines:
To ensure that social media platforms are used appropriately during Conference, we require all Conference attendees to comply with our social media use guidelines:
- Be respectful. Please use common courtesy and do not make comments that contain offensive, profane, defamatory, threatening language or which are otherwise inappropriate in a public forum. Any such comments will be removed in accordance with the Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015.
- Do not spam us or others. Making the same point over and over either on the same or different posts is considered spam. If this happens, ILANZ reserves the right to delete your post and/or comment.
- Stay on topic. Only make comments that are relevant to our Conference event. If you disagree with ILANZ or any person’s views and submit an abusive or multiple responses, your comments will be considered spam and deleted.
- Valued Partners, Sponsors, Award Winners and Exhibitors: Our Valued Partners, Sponsors, Award Winners and Exhibitors are only allowed to be promoted via ILANZ social media platforms during Conference. You are not permitted to upload any photos or posts to social media of our Valued Partners, Sponsors, Award Winners and Exhibitors. Instead, we encourage attendees to share their support of ILANZ social media posts and activities.
- Respect and protect others’ privacy: You are not allowed to post social media comments containing any personal information about any other Conference attendee, Conference organisers, suppliers or venue staff, without their prior consent.
- Give credit where credit is due: If you share an interesting image or video from an ILANZ or any other person’s post or social media page, please the time to tag us / those persons or include the handle responsible for the original post.
- Do not post advertisements or solicitations for your business using ILANZ or any Conference attendee, Sponsor or Valued Partner’s posts: No explanation needed, just don’t do it.
ILANZ will have a dedicated social media presence at Conference, and we ask attendees not to post or photograph Conference speakers, events, valued partners, awards winners or sponsors during Conference. These guidelines apply in relation to the use of the Conference app and other platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc.). You may be blocked if you breach these guidelines. ILANZ will not tolerate anyone who uses social media to spread malicious information or threatens ILANZ or any person.
Delegates are encouraged to take out personal travel and medical insurance which includes loss or damage of personal possessions, including loss of registration and accommodation fees through cancellation.
Unless you indicate otherwise on the registration form, the organisers will include your name on the list of conference participants distributed to delegates and sponsors.
ILANZ collects and holds information securely about its members for ILANZ related purposes including the provision of information and services to its members. ILANZ may also use the information for its own marketing, planning and research purposes and for seeking direct feedback from members on ILANZ related issues. ILANZ will not share your details with other third parties without your consent. All members have the right to request access to and correction of the personal information held about them. No fee will be charged for updating or correcting member information. If you appear in any of our online photos post event, and would like to have this removed, please contact us.
If you any questions or comments, please contact [email protected]