Associate General Counsel - Funds
- Excellence, integrity, inclusion and opportunity
- Highly respected business
- Auckland CBD location
This is a fantastic, high quality and varied Associate General Counsel role for a proactive, purpose centred individual.
About the role
Based in their Auckland Head Office, with flexibility to WFH, the Associate General Counsel reports to the GM Legal and Governance.
You will use your funds management legal expertise to help facilitate the implementation and operation of the NZ business legal and governance strategy. As an integral leader of the legal and governance team, you will coach, mentor, and support the team to ensure sustainable effective leadership. You will provide strategic and pragmatic legal advice on a broad range of business issues, projects, and products, including wealth management, commercial contracts, IT and digital.
Flexibility is assured, excellent remuneration and great benefits await you in this values-centric business with a fantastic culture!
What we’re looking for
- A lawyer with at least 10+ years’ top quality post-admission experience in financial services who holds or is entitled to hold a current NZ legal practising certificate
- Sound knowledge in the core range of legal issues appropriate to funds management, with significant practice experience
- Experience in financial services is essential
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills and able to interact at executive board level
- People leadership and in-house legal experience advantageous
About the company
Our client is one of New Zealand’s most enduring companies and has been supporting their clients and communities for more than 165 years. Their purpose – helping people create their tomorrow. They are committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, supporting their communities and caring for the environment.
How do I apply?
Alternatively, contact us directly and quote reference number 1370525.
We have a range of terrific inhouse and private practice roles for lawyers at all levels. If this role isn’t for you but you’d like to hear about what else is available, give us a call. We’d love to hear from you.
Lara Gordon BA LLB (Hons)
027 349 6352 | [email protected]
Kathryn Cross BMus LLB
027 700 8049 | [email protected]
At Artemis Executive Recruitment, we connect remarkable people with great places to work.