NAVIGATE is an ILANZ satellite network that has been developed to support in-house commercial counsel who have a cross-border element to their practice.
Navigate is targeted to ILANZ members working in a commercial business environment - primarily private sector entities - where that entity has global reach (e.g. through business location, manufacturing location or key customer, supplier or investor location) or some other global dimension (e.g. existing or potential overseas investment).
The brainchild of the Fonterra legal team, the network will be a forum for knowledge sharing amongst entities with global interests which could benefit from Fonterra’s and other in-house teams’ expertise, experience, resources, and contacts.
Stay tuned for regular events during the course of the year and join the Navigate group on LinkedIn.
Proposed benefits of the Network include:
- Building capability within in-house legal teams
- Knowledge share and training opportunities (including earning CPD hours where appropriate)
- Access to people and expertise
- Access to global office space for meetings (through other members/associated foreign law firms)
- Access to documents / templates / guidance notes etc.
- Access to foreign lawyer relationships
- Potential secondments between teams and job openings (including offshore)
- Sharing of in-house practice management expertise and legal industry innovation
- Regular events / roundtable forums
- A general line of communication to members for advice and collaboration
- Identifying and advocating on key issues on behalf of the membership
- Benefits flowing to NZ Inc. – capability improvements within in-house teams making for a better overall experience for those doing business with NZ companies (i.e. bad experiences affect everyone!)